When launching your own Mailer or Traffic exchange can owners at least put some kind of effort into the site.
This is something that really bugs me especially when I open Skype or a Support Ticket and see that someone would like me to promote their site, or swap credits or upgrades and then I wander over to take a look and what do I find…
Using the standard theme, the same as everyone else, You know the one with the different coloured horizontal sections down the page where they have literally just bought a cheap basic header and footer image and thrown it in and changed the coloured strips.
Whats even worse is that most do not even change any of the wording on it (Sorry I was unaware that your TE was identical to someone elses)
It is actually like seeing the same TE or Mailer all the time just in a different color. Effort people effort.
So lets have a look a the few things that bug me about this.
- Same look as every other TE or Mailer
- Same sales copy with just a couple words changed
- The login page still has the standard green surround to the words member login
- OTO’s that are the standard out of the box one
- Using standard OTO templates that come with the script
- Members area the same as every other members area
So why does this annoy me? Because it shows complete lack of planning or effort for one. It screams the following:
- I do not know what I am doing running a TE or Mailer
- I am not willing to invest my time to change the sales page text
- I have no idea about pricing and supply/demand maths so will use out of the box offers
- I couldn’t be bothered to spend 10 mins looking for a OTO template online
- I was only willing to spend a few dollars on a basic header and footer
- My TE or Mailer is exactly the same as everyone else’s so why not look like it
- I have started this with no budget
- I had no plan
- Nothing about my site is unique
Probably lots more too but then people come to me and want to swap credits or upgrades, So basically what you are doing is saying that your TE or Mailer is as good as mine and you put no or little effort into yours and I have spent weeks or months on each site making it look different and unique and customized.
Come on people, If you are going to launch a TE or a Mailer stop using basic out of the box stuff or you will just get basic results. Put some effort in and show other owners that you mean business.
Oh and one last note: If your TE or Mailer uses the standard theme look, has standard copy, has the same green box on login page etc then do not bother sending a ticket asking to swap credits or upgrades as I have to put as much effort into reading and replying as you have in your site. Rant Over lol..